An Empty Chapter

Five months ago, my world stopped. It was because I lost you - suddenly, unexpectedly, tragically. That was the most horrifying moment of my life. For so long, I have wanted to write about this, to help ease the heartbreak but I couldn't because as soon as I start, I cry. And there was always an ocean of tears, leaving me numb and drained.

You were my anchor. When I didn't know what to do, you held my hand and talked to me. When I worried about our future, you smiled and talked about how we would grow old together. We planned road trips to take when we retire. We agreed you'd retire early so we would have more time to enjoy each other's company. You wanted to farm and spend a lot of time on the beach.

You were my rainbow. When I was sad, angry, annoyed, frustrated or simply feeling blue, you smiled and hugged me. When I was all by myself and I was afraid, I called you and your voice soothed my fearful heart.  I saw the most enchanting rainbows when I was with you. The last rainbow we saw together, we were holding each other's hand, looking up in the sky, smiling and believing that a beautiful future awaited us.

Then five months ago, on your way to work, you had that vehicular accident that forever changed our lives. You lost too much blood. And on the third day, your heart gave up. Your generous, faithful, kind heart gave up.

I know you are in heaven now. I know it's a perfect place. But I still pray that somehow God will send you back to me. I love you.

Comments